Monday 1 December 2014

Let's Play Another Game!

I'm severely lacking in inspiration right now, so I am going to play a game.

I would really love it if other people would join in.
It will be super fun and helpful for anyone else who is stuck like me. Also, for some added inspiration for you to join in, I solemnly swear that I will read EVERY story and poem and admire any artwork that other people do as part of this game.
If it's awesome I will probably even +1 is and rave about it to all my friends. :]

So there. Are you all keen now?
Great.

So here's how the game will work. (I have no idea if other people have done this already, but frankly I don't care because I'm a rebel like that)


  1. Get your music player (iPod or phone or whatever)
  2. Plug in some speakers or headphones so that you can hear what it plays (This may be an obvious step, but I feel that it needed to be said).
  3. If you have different options like "Albums", "Artists", "Songs" and "Playlists" (this is what my iPod has) then select "Songs". If you don't have options like that then I don't know what you are doing with your life. Go and get an iPod. Lol. Just kidding. If you don't have options like that, just find a way to get a list of all your songs ready to play.
  4. Select "Shuffle" 
  5. In the comment section below, write down the song title and the artist of whatever plays first. This is your song for the game.
    Don't worry if it isn't "cool". If you are hard as fuck and Taylor Swift starts playing (what I am expecting to happen when I do this) you might not want to admit it, but you should, because writing something that contradicts your public persona might open you up to a while new genre of writing. Everyone has something random in their music collection. ;)
  6. Listen to your song.
  7. Listen to your song again.
  8. Pick a lyric/line/verse/chorus/part from your song and use it as inspiration for a story or poem or artwork of some sort.
    You can use the lyric/line/verse/chorus/part as the heading for the piece, or work it into the text somehow. It's up to you. The world is your oyster and stuff.
    You can repeat steps 6 and 7 as many times as you need, and look the lyrics up on Google if you want. 
  9. When you have finished, post your work to your blog and send me a link in the comments below so that I can come and see what kind of awesomeness you were able to produce. :]
  10. Maybe read some of the things that other people produce. 
  11. You have finished the game. Now all you need to do is revel in your awesomeness. 

Okay.
So I have completed steps 1-4 (Go me). My song is Bonus Track, by Story of the Year.
Yay!
Gosh. Listening to this, it sounds like something that I would write already, so I'm going to try and do something a bit different with it.
:]

xx Sasha

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I'm definitely going to take part, I'm working all day now though so I will do it later on in the evening, UK time. Such a good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!
      Thanks for playing along.
      I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with :]

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome idea, thanks for tagging me! I've already got my song so I'll make a post on my blog soon! :)

    STEPHEX ♥ | http://steph-ex.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete